Bringing SexyBack...
Sorry it has been a while since I wrote folks – things here have been pretty quiet so I didn’t have much of interest to fill you in on! I hope things are well with all of you though.
Winter has finally arrived in Toronto, which for the most part I am enjoying. It is lovely to wake up and see everything white and pretty but one thing I am learning is that snow in a city doesn’t stay white for very long – walking to work in brown sludge (or worse – getting sprayed with brown sludge by a passing car!) is not too attractive! You can tell that all my friends and I are acclimatising because the other day we had a conversation about how warm it was – and that day the high was -2.
I am pleased to report that I have had some female company at the hostel to help dilute the blokiness in my life, which is fantastic – Angela has been around for the last couple of weeks and has another couple of weeks left in Toronto and it is so nice having a girl to chat too and hang out with, and to help me encourage the boys to do something other than just go to the same bar every night. OK so one of those events was going to Hooters and maybe the boys wouldn’t have been to hard to convince but still!!!
Angela, Nora and I went to see Dreamgirls on Friday night. The movies at the little theatre by the hostel are crazy cheap (finally – something cheap to do in Toronto!) and was a fun movie but I am at a bit of a loss to see what all the oscar buzz is about… I am going to try and see Pursuit of Happyness and The Queen before the Oscars though so I can have an informed opinion!
On Saturday Angela and I went out for a walk and accidentally found ourselves shopping… and I bought a pair of red shoes. They cost $5, which is lucky because I probably would not have been able to convince myself of their merit if they had cost much more but I really like them. I feel slightly Minnie Mouse like in them but other than Patrick everyone seemed to think I was being silly!
In honour of the new shoes, we dragged a few of the boys out on Saturday night to go and try out some Korean BBQ and to go dancing at a club called the Courthouse. The building that the club is in was really funky – it used to be the Courthouse (gee I wonder how they came up with that name?!?!) and has been done up beautifully. Angela and I were having so much fun dancing around that we decided to help Justin Timberlake bring “sexyback” and go and see him and Pink when they are here in concert next week – cue us standing over a computer at midnight after a few vodkas trying to figure out the online booking system! One of the things I wanted to do before going home was checking out a big concert so I am really looking forward to it – even if Justin isn’t normally my type!
Well that is about all to report – my work is going fine and my new boss (the second new boss) is really nice. I am going away to London (Ontario) this weekend to see Meggin from my Egypt trip, which should be great, so I will write after that to tell you about about it.
Catch you all soon!Clare

<< Home