Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

And so the freakout begins...

OK so all that stuff I have been saying about not getting nervous/not feeling real/totally ready to go etc etc? Drivel...

I woke up this morning in a panic cos I was having a dream where I had half an hour to get to the airport and I hadn't packed. Since I packed about six weeks ago (and despite Jeremy's predictions managed to stay packed) this is a ridiculous dream, however it did set my day of panic up just nicely. I got paid today which was nice and then I went to the bank and turned all my lovely New Zealand money into about 6 different currencies and put some on this card and some on that card etc etc. I have now totally convinced myself that I haven't got enough money, enough money in the right currencies, and if in fact I do I will probably lose some and then get back to the not enough money situation. For the record, logically I know this is not the case and that I have been saving hard and worked out my budget and basically am on top of this... but panic is not logical...

Anyway - to make myself calm down a bit I am going to go and re-read that wikipedia thing about mounties and remind myself why I am doing this. Hope you are all well!
Clare