Quebec Day 3
Hi all from Quebec City - aren't you lucky getting two posts in two days?!?! The internet at the hostel is free and it is cold outside so I figured you could all get a little update...
Last night I decided to stay in the hostel and eat nachos and drink beer in the bar in order to make some new friends. Unfortunately there was only one other patron in the bar at the time and his english as worse than my french - after a very challenging half an hour discussing "Everyone Loves Raymond" I basically gave up and went to bed to read my book!
The good news is that I got a new room-mate overnight (Karin from Brazil) and we spent today checking out some more of Quebec's sights. We visited the Museum of Civilization this morning and got a special guided tour from one of the staff who was extremely bored. It was good to learn a little more about the origins of Quebec and a very nice museum, although not as many fun things to play with as Te Papa!
After the museum we took a ride to the Upper Town on the Funiculaire (basically a glass elevator going up the side of a cliff... aren't you are proud of me?!) and wandered around the city, the Chateau Fronteac and Parliament before stopping for a coffee and croissant break. After our break we visited the Citadel again (Karin had not been) and walked alongside the river on the Governors' Promenade. After that we had worked up quite a hunger and stopped for some lunch. There is not really a lot left to do in Quebec - I think this would be a great place to visit in Summer, with friends for a swish fancy dinner and wine type trip but it is a bit pricey for the backpacker and in winter so much is shut and/or covered in snow that you feel like you are only getting half the experience.
It is a beautiful city and I am glad I made it up here, but also glad that I head back to Toronto tomorrow for my final burst of farewells before hitting New York, New York on Tuesday. I hope you are all well and I promise to write more soon!
Cheers!
Clare

<< Home