Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Caution - boring travel tale ahead!

Hi all - I have a few photos here for you from my weekend in Tofino - I apologise in advance for any of you who don't care at all about wildlife because that was definitely the theme for the weekend!

I headed off on the seven hour bus, ferry, bus mission to Tofino early on Friday morning and got there to brilliant sunshine in the mid-afternoon. Tofino is really beautiful - lots of lovely beaches and tree-lined hills with the snow-caps off in the distance. There are bald eagles everywhere and the highlight of my weekend was definitely the bear watching tour I went on - this was one of the most amazing things I have ever done and I have a few of the billion photos I took below for you all to check out. I also went whale watching (look at brave Clare ignoring the fact that she hates boats and the open sea!) but sadly there were no whales. I was still a little bit proud of myself for braving the sea though, and for not confessing to anyone that I was utterly terrified the whole time we were out there!
I also managed to meet some more lovely people and had a nice meal out with a couple of girls from Montreal on Saturday night. Hope you like the pictures and everyone is doing well!
Finally - a BIG congrats to Helen and Mark on the arrival of Libby and Lewis last week - looking forward to meeting them (and all the other new arrivals!) in a few weeks.
Cheers,
Clare
Tofino:

Another shot of me looking like an astronaut... is anyone else noticing a theme?!?!
Bald eagle:Baby bear having a little snack on barnacles attached to the tree
The patented Clare Allison specialist shot of animals butts:
Ted:Ted on some rocks:
Ted fishing for his breakfast: