A Pain In My Ass
Well hi there everyone - hope you are all well! I am writing from England, country number 11 on the Clare Allison world tour.
Since I last wrote we had a camel ride (and it turns out I am not that much of a fan of camels) and visited the Karnak temple in Luxor. We flew back to Cairo after Luxor and spent our last couple of days visiting the Step Pyramid, which is the oldest construction in the world and was used as the template for the Great Pyramids of Giza. We also went to a sound and light show on the pyramids at Giza - totally tacky but also really fun and I was glad to have another chance to see the pyramids. Everyone gradually headed off on Sunday until (yet again) I was the last man standing.
Being the last one there meant I was a little bored so I decided to spice my life up a little and get horrendously sick on Monday morning. I think I managed to throw up everything I had eaten for the last two weeks I had been in travelling in the space of about 3 hours and then, rather dramatically, I passed out in the hotel lobby. This was great fun, especially when I managed to wake up and was surrounded by about 8 people including a member of the tourism police with a gun and a spanish guest who claimed to know a doctor and that he was therefore most qualified to assist. The hotel nurse kept asking me if I was Christian which I am hoping is something to do with my St Christophers medal rather than a need to administer the last rites but to be honest I did feel pretty rotten so can't be sure!!! Doctor was called and gave me a jab to stop the throwing up and they took a lot of convincing to let me leave to get to the airport but eventually I got out of there and dragged my sorry ass through the airport and got safely to London about 8.30 last night.
Feeling much better today - worst bit is my sore elbow and back which I must have whacked on the way down but am sure I will be back to normal in no time (so don't worry Mum!). I am spending a lovely, relaxing day with my friend Emily today who is kindly putting me up for a bit and tomorrow I am going to brave the tube while she is at a job interview to do a bus tour and the tower of london etc.
Anyway - just thought you should all know that I am safely arrived and looking forward to seeing the sights and catching up with my friends in this part of the world. talk so you all soon I hope!
C

<< Home