Farewell to the land of the Danish... oh and my budget...
Hi everyone - well here is your last post from sunny Copenhagen and I hope it finds you all well. I had a quiet day yesterday in an attempt to not blow my budget for this part of the trip but I ended up feeling a bit miserable, bored and lonely so today I got some more money out and set out to do the most I could do in my last day here.
Since I last wrote I have visited the Rosenberg Slot again (my favourite of the old royal palaces) and spent some time in the gardens there relaxing and reading up about Budapest. I also did a bit of a wander around the botanic gardens and climbed the Rundetaarn (Round Tower) for some great views of the city. Last night I went to see Pirates of the Carribean to get out of the hostel for a while, which was cool and reasonably amusing to laugh at stuff a few minutes before the rest of the theatre who had to read the subtitles to figure out what was going on. Halfway - note for you (I hope you got home safe by the way) I had a Dumle ice-cream at the movies... most excellent but not up to Dumle Original standards.
I also spent a bit of time at the NY Carlsberg Glyptotek (a bit art museum, mainly sculptures but also a lot of impressionist paintings and egyptian and greek artifacts), went to the Hard Rock Cafe (had to be done... come on, I have been a tourist for a month now!) and had a really fab canal cruise. The cruise was supposed to last about 50 minutes but we got about 90 minutes because we had to spend a while rescuing one of the other cruise boats that had conked out in the harbour. I didn't really see anything new on the cruise but I did get to see lots of the sights from a different angle and that was very cool.
Now I am about to head off for a quiet 'goodbye to Scandinavia' beer (I will miss the cobbled streets... a great leveller between the un-co people of the world and everyone else) and then go back and sort out my bags for my flight to Budapest in the morning.
talk soon!
Clare

<< Home