Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Hi from Frankfurt!

Hi everyone - currently in Frankfurt airport for the first of my eight hundred stops here so thought I would do a quick update for you all. Is taking quite a long time for a quick update though cos the keyboard is German and some of the letters are around the wrong way!

Since I last wrote I had a really enjoyable day at Sentosa - far and away my favourite part of Singapore and I wish I had had more time over there really. Diana and I took the cable car over and explored some of the forest walks, as well as visiting underwater world, dolphin lagoon and lazing on the beach for a bit. We stuck around for the light show over the musical fountain and then caught the cable car back with great views of the lights of singapore - really excellent! Yesterday I had a lazy morning by the pool before meeting up with Diana again for a trip around the harbour on a bum boat and eating some Singapore special's like chilli crab and this weird ice cream in sweet bread stuff (weird but not necessarily bad I might add)! Then we went adventuring around little india and chinatown.

There was a bit of a drama with my airport transfers last night so ended up checking in late and getting possibly the worst seat on the plane - such is life I guess but can't say that lufthansa have impressed me much - food, service, entertainment and leg room all terrible but am currently in their lounge waiting for my flight to copenhagen with free internet and very tasty breakfast so will give them points for that! I wish it was a bit later in the day really (its 6am) because there are even gummy bears and cheese. I did indulge in a rice bubble crackle to go with my fruit salad and juice though :) Oh and the other thing - self cleaning toilet seats - quite a thing to behold!

Anyway - going to head off to explore the airport a bit now before heading to denmark so I hope you are all well and I will catch you soon!