Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Telephones, Yahtzee and the Arrival of Spring

Hi all,

Here goes my last post from New Zealand soil (seriously? I am leaving? huh). As those of you who have tried to call or text over the last day or so may have realised - my cellphone has died. This is particularly irritating timing but I guess it almost made it. Anyway - thanks for your kind thoughts, and to those of you who have emailed and put comments up on the blog. I am definitely getting excited - even if it doesn't seem very real yet!!!

My mother and I have been having a bit of an ongoing yahtzee battle today - at this point she is winning but I am totally demanding a rematch - and will keep doing so until I either win or have to get on the plane. And if I haven't won by the time I leave I will play my little electronic yahtzee game all the way to Singapore and report back my scores until I beat her... or I will lie and say I bet her when I didn't... I take my yahtzee VERY seriously, and she is not a very gracious winner.

The other big news (and damn I wish I could get my camera and Mum's computer to co-operate so you could see it for yourselves) is that Spring has arrived at Stoneybrook. Three lambs arrived overnight - one lot of twins and a single. They are very cute and enjoying some Canterbury sunshine today... I think I will go outside and join them actually.

I hope you are all well and have a great few days until my next post - bring on Singapore!!!!