Things Clare has learned...
Hi all - I hope you are all well! I know it hasn't been long since my last update but here goes what I have been up to in the last day and half....
Yesterday I met up with Caroline, Toby and Rebekah (one of the cutest little people you ever did meet!) for the day... we wandered around, ate, drunk and caught up as much as you can when you haven't seen people for four years and you only have a couple of hours! It was so fantastic to see them and I hope it won't be quite so long next time!
Last night I went walking on the waterfront to visit the culture and activity festival (i think... the signs were all in danish and my danish is a little rusty!) which showed me some random death metal, line dancing, water sports combo, and also provided me with some ice cream and kebabs for dinner so was all good.
Today I have just had a chilled out day sunbathing and wandering through the shops and am now thinking about heading back to my hostel to see who I am sharing with tonight (all my room-mates left this morning... was it something I said or do I really need to do some washing)?!
Anyway... since I have not really been up to much since I last wrote I thought I might share a few lessons I have learned in the last month...
- pizza is the universal food
- men in Europe drink bacardi breezers and no-one mocks them
- if exposed to enough currency or time changes in a short period you simply give up trying to figure it out
- there is nothing quite so satisfying as a clean bathroom that you don't have to pay to use
- exposing new zealand winter skin to european sun will result in sun burn
- when drinking alone remember... God counts as a person (thanks for the tip Halfway)
- scandinavians REALLY like ice cream
- so do i
- some people will never be happy, no matter what happens
- history is not always that long ago
- a palace, a fountain and a patch of grass will make me happy
- i don't like mcdonalds
- summer is my favourite season
- a smile and hand gestures can breach the language gap in almost all situations (ie anywhere but Moscow)
Hope you are all well!
C

<< Home