Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ah finally... the home of the danish

Hi everyone from sunny Copenhagen! it is absolutely beautiful here and having a great time, albeit a broke time. Scandinavia does not come cheap - my lonely planet was right!!!

Anyway - am pleased to report that brave Clare came to Copenhagen.. I managed to negotiate the train from the airport to the station next to my hostel... and yep, am staying in a hostel. I spent all day yesterday adventuring around the central city and just people watching and admiring all the buildings and things and just generally acted like a tourist! The Copenhagen jazz festival is on at the moment so there are full on jazz quartets on every street corner playing away which is very cool. last night I was eating strawberries by a fountain in one of the traditional squares with two different jazz bands on either side and I felt quite European!!! Then tired Clare overtook brave Clare and we went home to bed :-)

The people here are all gorgeous and very, very tanned. I am quite conscious of my uberwhite legs! They also all appear to ride around recklessly on bikes - bikes are absolutely everywhere and they even have little slides on steps so people can wheel their bikes up.
Anyway - better go - today i am going to do a bit more wandering as my quest for the perfect pastry begins and then this afternoon I meet up with my tour group to check into our hostel (yep... there's that word again!) and have a dinner.

I hope you are all well!
C
PS big congrats to my cousin Marie on the arrival of her twins yesterday!