Hi from Sverige
Hi all! I can't believe my big long post has gone awol and now am seriously running out of time so here is quick summary for ya!
Copenhagen - I met up with my tour group since I last wrote, out at our hostel in the middle of nowhere in a converted military barracks. We have a good bunch with lots of aussies, few kiwis, canadians and americans. There are only 30 of us so far but other 20 are joining us in Helsinki tomorrow before Russia. My roomies are Jess (sydney), Halfway Sarah (Port Mcquarie) and Dark Horse Catherine (Adelaide). really nice group and enjoying hanging out with them.
I have been to visit the very little Little Mermaid and climbed a big church tower. Brave Clare got pulled out again for that little mission and only one minor panic attack occurred but nothing on the scale of the Larnach Castle incident of 1997... 'nuff said... we also visited the Carlsberg brewery, which for Jess and I ended up being a bit of a race through to get to the free drinks at the end. That all set us up very nicely for a punch party at the hostel that night to get to know the gang. Everyone felt very rough yesterday but despite their best attempts at blaming the weird Danish soft drink I think it is fair to say that the vodka and bacardi had more to do with it... hmmm...
Yesterday was a big bus day after a very short ferry ride over to Sweden. we had a bit of a look around last night and then today visited the Town Hall where the Nobel Prize banquet is held every year (very impressive building - one room decorated entirely in gold leaf!), and Gamla Stan (the old town). This afternoon we are doing a canal cruise through Stockholm - this place is known as the Venice of the North... I did not know that and have not been to Venice but can report that there sure is a lot of water about!
Later today we are visting the Ice Bar and having a group dinner and then tomorrow we go on board a cruise boat ferry thing to go to Helsinki... there is an all you can eat and drink buffet on board which is a bit of a worry with this group!!! I will be sure to take some pictures for you all. Now on that note - sorry about the lack of pics... most internet places won't let me plug the camera in so will keep trying but no joy so far. In other bad news for you, dear reader, is that we are about to enter the twilight zone and I may not be in touch for a week or two. Apparently from here until Germany communication can be a bit dodgy so I will, of course, be trying my VERY best but don't worry if you don't hear from me for a bit.
Miss you all - having a great time but still thinking about ya and wondering how everyone is doing so keep those comments and emails coming!
C

<< Home