Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Pest by name... Pest by nature

Hi all from sunny (yep another hot spot!) Budapest. I am not going to talk about yesterday cos brave Clare ran out of batteries and I was not so much in love with Budapest. Everything was hard and confusing and I didn't feel safe or happy so I called it early and sat in my hotel room watching MTV and eating chips... pleased to report that this battery recharging effort worked and today I have been very busy.

After a bit of exploring it turns out that I don't particularly like Pest but Buda is fantastic and makes up for it so there you go! This morning I checked out the parliament (third largest in the world behind argentina and UK), Heroes Place, City Park, Elizabeth Bridge and Liberty Bridge, the castle district and Fisherman's Bastion. I have one more stop on today's big tour (the citadel and liberation monument) and then hoping to hit St Stephen's Basilica tomorrow, and maybe the national museum if I have time before I get to the airport. Given yesterday's airport efforts on arrival, not that I am talking about it, I am leaving lots of time to get to my Hungarian Air flight... dear lord... wish me luck...

I get to Egypt in the early hours of Saturday and am not to sure about internet or phone facilities so don't be alarmed if I am incommunicado until I take the Clare Allison roadshow to London on the 21st. If you could all assist me by sending my mum telepathic happy birthday messages on the 19th I would be most appreciative...

Catch you all soon!
C