Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Got me a job!

Hi all - well you will be excited to hear that I have finally got a bit of work and can now rejoin the world of people that can afford to do stuff! As you all know, I have secretly been harbouring a desire to enter the world of running around after property managers and doing their filing for quite some time now and I am delighted that I will now be given the opportunity to do this, even if it is only for a couple of weeks!

A big thanks to all of you who sent me "keep smiley" messages - I know that it is normal to have to wait a couple of weeks to get work sorted and all and I was being unreasonable expecting it all magically to fall into place BUT I can't help being a control freak and wanting to know what will be happening! Anyway - I have four weeks work lined up starting on Friday so heading off for a day trip to Niagara Falls before then as a bit of a reward.

Due to some budgetary constraints there isn't much else to report on but I did check out the Steam Whistle Brewery tour on Saturday before heading to the Sky Dome to watch the Toronto Argos take on the Calgary Stampeders. Now Calgary did have shinier helmets and a better name so I was inclined to support them but in the end opted for Toronto who managed to take out a win after the insanely long game came to an end (5 15 minute quarters takes about 3 hours)... hey Z - the ref guy actually did a "number 4 on the offense... FOUL" bit too! Was fab and wish you had been here to see it!

I have also done a bit of random wandering about the city trying to get to know more neighbourhoods, and last night went to see Little Miss Sunshine at the movies - its a real laugh so if you get the chance I fully recommend it.

Anyway - better get back to it (that' s sitting around for those of you not in the backpacker know). Hope you are good!
C