Clare's Excellent Adventures

Clare's off overseas, and she's too lazy to send group emails.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oh no I don't...

Hi all - hope things are good with you! Well just when you thought the oddities of canadian recruitment practice had been overcome and I had a job... they changed their minds and then I didn't! This all led to quite a stressed out Clare yesterday, since in the 18 hours when I thought I did have a job I had turned down a much better paying and longer term opportunity - I was NOT HAPPY (just ask my parents!). The good news is that I went back to the better job and grovelled a bit and this morning they rung back to say yes, I have the job and can I start tomorrow so hurrah!

To celebrate getting (the first) job I arranged to go on a tour to Niagara Falls today, taking in a winery and various sites along the way. The falls really are beautiful and quite massive and all they are cracked up to be. Unfortunately the weather has been really bad today so the rain and cold and the general tackiness of Niagara town took away from the experience a bit but still really stoked to have seen it. We did the Maid of the Mist boat tour where you are on a sort of ferry and go up really close to the falls and look up at them and generally feel rather insignificant... you also traditionally get a soaking from all the spray that the falls throw up but to be honest we were already pretty wet so some of that effect may have been lost on us!

Well I haven't been up to much else so will sign off now and let you all know how the job is going soon. I hope you are all well.
Clare