Tour de Christmas Tree
Hi blogees - how are we all? Things here are going well, on the eve of my Boston adventure! I have not been up to too much since I last wrote to you all but do have a couple of things to update you on...
On Saturday night I went with Sharon and Alison to see Wicked at the Canon Theatre. Wicked is a musical about the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz and was really excellent. I was quite keen to see it when I saw it advertised in London so was really stoked when it turned up here too AND I knew some people who wanted to go! The play is basically a look at the witch's backstory and some fairly bad PR she got... I reckon it would be a fab lesson for any of my spin doctor or journo buddies (that's you weegan and J!)! and was a great laugh. The theatre was worth looking at on its own to be honest with beautiful gilded (is that the right word?) ceilings and ornate staircases and windows. All in all a great night out, completed with a nice meal at Baton Rouge - bit flasher than my normal backpacker food for sure! Sharon is organising a girls night next weekend to watch the original Wizard of Oz now that we all have a different perspective!
The other fun thing I have been up to over the last week is a bit of a Christmas Tree tour. First stop was the giant one in Dundas Square that is made up of oversized ball shaped ornaments that change colour from silver to blue to white and back again. Surrounded by all the flashing billboards and shop windows is a pretty overwhelming sight! The next one I found was out the front of Town Hall here in Toronto. The tree itself was fairly dull - big pine covered in blue lights, but the setting is gorgeous with old town hall lit up, music playing, lights shining over the peace arches and people skating around it in the little skating rink - OK so its not that cold and the skating up close looks more like swimming but from a distance all very beautitful. Will attempt to show you all some of the pics soon!
Tree number three was a tree about a story high covered in swarovski crystals... GORGEOUS!!! It was the classiest of all the trees and yet oddly was right in the middle of the massive shopping centre (and my second home) the Eaton Centre! After all that and a wander past the windows of The Bay Department Store (bigger version of Kirks or Ballantynes NZ folks), which are currently part Narnia, part masquerade ball, and one massive christmas one, the little Christmas tree in our hostel was a bit of an anti-climax but suffice to say I am now totally in the mode for a little bit of the holiday season!
Well guys I hope you are all well - am off to pack my bags for Boston so update you on all the new england action next week.
Talk soon!
Clare

<< Home