Dear Readers... i am SOOOO sorry
Ok I know it has been a while folks - so sorry. Combination of a fairly quiet life and technical problems with the computers but today i am back and will endeavour to give you some of the highlights from the last week or so!
Well since I last wrote I have only really done one "touristy" thing and that was visit Casa Loma with Natalie. This is a castle that was built at the turn of the last century by a rich businessman. Sadly it basically bankrupt him so he didn't get to live there long and now it is property of the city and they hold functions etc there. It was actually really lovely - was a bit worried it might seem a bit daft after the beautiful english castles but it was still quite special. Lovely big rooms and gorgeous decor plus you could climb up to the turrets to check out the view of Toronto which was nice.
What else have I been doing? Well I have been working (don't ask... in short... I hate it, they pay me, I will live) and hanging out in the warm of the hostel a lot as the weather has definitely begun to turn. I have checked out a couple of ice-hockey games - our team are The Marlies, which is the development squad for the Maple Leafs. They are not really very good (17th out of 20 so far this season) but it is still great fun to watch, especially now that I own the warmest coat in the world! I also own the worlds warmest boots so now I am prepared for winter- bring on the snow canada - I am READY!
I also went to see The Departed at the movies last week - lots of people had recommended it to me so Patrick and I went to our local theatre (seriously great location of our hostel) and checked it out. I was a bit disappointed to be honest but I guess it filled in an evening satisfactorily!
Last week I met up with another kiwi who is living in Toronto, Sasja. We had a lovely evening drinking nice wine and eating nibbles and it was great to not feel like a backpacker for once! Sasja lives here now so had lots of great tips for places to go and see and it was really fun to have a good yarn about home and how things are different here. I am hoping to take her up on one of her suggestions for nice restaurants and another catch up soon.
Otherwise things are really just pretty quiet in my life - I have had a bit of homesickness but I figure for being away from home for 3 1/2 months this isn't too bad. I am spending a bit of a time with one of the ton of Irish blokes in the hostel (the aforementioned Patrick) so that is fun, and it is great to have Natalie, Sasja and the rest of the hostel gang for company too!
Well better fly and see what Kiwi is cooking for dinner tonight - another victory for my quiz team last night so that means free dinner tonight (hurrah!).
Hope you are all well - miss you!
C

<< Home